Thursday, October 31, 2013

Reflections


Well, today is the last day of the 31 Day Challenge. It is a bittersweet day. I hope you have learned something this month. I have learned so much. In fact this month’s posts will become next month’s Tech Tips mail outs for the teachers in my district. I have also learned that Google is a lot more than just a search engine or cloud-based storage. Google actually has an entire educational side. I can’t wait to share all that I have learned with my teachers, in bite-size and manageable chunks.

I probably learned the most about myself. I won’t lie to you; there were days I didn’t feel like writing. I am sure you can go through the list and pick out which days those were.  October was a crazy month at my house: my oldest son in Driver’s Ed and the other son in band during football season. We had two parades this month on top of Homecoming Week. Did I mention that they both had big projects for school and they are both in the Christmas Play at Church, and, yes, rehearsals started in October? So, October was a challenging month just to survive much less write. I promise none of that was whining or complaining – I just want those of you who read this and also blog but didn’t think you would have the time or energy to write for 31 days that if I can do it ANYONE can do it.

I really liked the idea of writing about one topic for a specific length of time. It really helped with the age old question of “what will I write about today?”  All I had to do was pick an application and write about it. I think the best part of this entire challenge is that I did write EVERY DAY for 31 days – even if it was just a sentence or two.

There is always a down side though. I did a lot of things during the month of October that I would have loved to share with you all but it wasn’t directly related to Google so I couldn’t post it. (I am sure I could have but then that would have been overload for my readers.)

Now back to the positive. I have a lot of material that I can work into future blogs. I am even thinking of organizing my writing for the blog as topical. Then I can refer to my October adventures as “case studies”. That sounds so much more academic than a “hey, guess what I did today” post. Stay tuned for more Google news, though. I am sure there will be much more to write about.

If I had been really clever, I would have made this 31 Lessons Learned but I didn’t – you’re welcome. J

See you soon J (Yes, I am thinking about taking the weekend off.)

--- IT Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment