Friday, October 25, 2013

Happy Internet Satety Month!!

October is Internet Safety month along with Bullying Prevention Month. I have been trying to figure out how to work those topics into 31 Days of Google. So imagine my joy when I stumbled across this treasure: Google' Good to Know Guide - A Guide to Staying Safe and Secure Online. The page has links to valuable information for any and everyone concerned with Internet Safety. But, my teacher heart skipped a beat when I saw a link titled: Google Digital Literacy and Citizenship Curriculum. Oh my goodness!!! Lesson plans and activities for teaching my students about being a good online citizen. There are three PDF files that you can download and print to use in your classroom. The lessons are standards based and include key vocabulary, hands on activities, optional activities and assessment.

Class 1: Become an Online Sleuth
Class 2: Manage Your Digital Footprint
Class 3: Identify Tricks and Scams Online

I am tickled pink to find and share this information.

Happy Internet Safety Month!!!

--- IT Girl

PS - Tina, this is for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment