Monday, February 10, 2014

Pinterest as Professional Development


Pinterest. I could talk for three days on the wonders of Pinterest. I absolutely love it. I actually now use it as a search engine – totally not what it was intended to be. I use it to plan meals for my family. I pick out new treats for various ministry projects. I look for instructional resources to share with teachers during professional development trainings. I even use Pinterest to find tutorials for things I want to learn. There are many in my house that would love to discuss the evils of Pinterest as it occupies a lot of my attention and creates more work for them. Let’s talk about how to use Pinterest for Professional Development.

Think about strolling through a Teacher Store and being able to look at every single book in the store. Then imagine being able to get a copy of the pages you like or maybe even purchasing single pages from those books. That’s what Pinterest is. Imagine enjoying a relaxing beverage while visiting with a master teacher. That’s what Pinterest is. You can “visit” with mentors and master teachers by viewing what they pin on their virtual pinboards on Pinterest. Many of these pins will lead you to blogs to inspire you to try new things.

So, here are some Educational Technology Pinterest boards for you to check out.




No comments:

Post a Comment