Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Call of the Future TODAY


What were you doing 10 years ago? Mark Zuckerberg was creating Facebook. Our students today will have jobs that don’t even exist today. Think about that for a minute. Many of us use Facebook on a daily basis. Just last night, I chatted with a friend in Alaska, I made a tentative date to meet up with some friends that I haven’t seen since college, I looked at a friend’s new baby pictures, I played an online game, I checked out the weather conditions around my state, and I discussed the Winter Olympics with people I have never met. I was able to do all of that in the comfort of my living room while sitting in front of the fire. All of that, too, in about 15 minutes. If it was 2002, I would not have been able to do all of that, because Facebook did not exist, at least not outside of Mark Zuckerberg’s world.  Here’s a recap of Facebook’s first 10 years.

We are teaching the future. We are called to be 21st Century Educators. Are you up for the call?

No comments:

Post a Comment